3.19.2009

I'm Obsessed!

Anyone that knows me can tell you I've always been the photo journalist of the group, snapping pics pretty much everywhere I go, capturing the moment for not only me - but for my friends & family as well. This has been my nature since I was a kid. Starting with the old school 110 camera of the 80's, to the Polaroid, to the invention of the 35mm camera, all the way to my first (and second, third, fourth, and so on..) digital camera in the early 2000's. Although my memory can be kind of weak, I pretty much have a photo to remind me of all the great moments I've had in life so far. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have those to look back on!

My love for photography has always been there, but I've never really considered going high-end or taking professional classes (besides the high-school elective - which was awesome!) I'm finally starting to consider taking my hobby to the next level. And, I owe it all to the amazing LOMO!!
Ever since I first saw the artistic wonders of an imperfect Lomography photo, I fell in love. It all started with the Holga medium-format in 2007. Once I started shooting with that big hunk I was addicted. Soon after came the Fisheye 2, the Holga 35mm, the Frogeye, the Colorsplash Flash, the LC-A+RL, the LC-A Wide-Angle lens, the LC-A Fisheye lens, the Splitzer, and the Ringflash. I can't stop collecting. I find myself being infatuated on a daily basis by the Lomography store, even my boyfriend laughs when he looks over, and I'm back there again. What's next?, what new promotional offers are they giving?, how many piggy points do I have?, on and on. One day, I shall have them all! Next up, the Lubital 166+

Check out this badboy:

lubital

LUBITAL GALLERY

No comments: